1. berliCRM Installation Instructions(for update instructions see 2. below)
The CRM system requires a special server setup, usually not provided as standard from any Hoster. Please read the following instructions carefully and make sure that your server meets ALL requirements. There are no shortcuts.
- Web Server: Apache >= 2.0.40, Nginx >= 1.13
- DB Server: MySQL Versions 5.5.x and 5.6.x (v5.7 has not been tested, yet), MariaDB 10.x.x
- PHP: PHP Version: works with v5.6.x. but much faster with v7.1.x
- OS: Debian, Centos, Ubuntu or Fedora Core
- SSL: required and mandatory for installation
Please check the MySQL-Configuration (my.cnf or server-start parameter):
|SQL_MODE||STRICT_TRANS_TABLE has to be deactivated|
|ENGINE=InnoDB||must be active (do not use --skip-innodb)|
|DATABASE CHARACTER SET||must be utf8|
|DATABASE COLLATION||must be utf8_unicode_ci|
The following PHP Extensions are required
|OpenSSL||Imap with OpenSSL has to be activated for SSL Mail Server connections|
|opcache (since berliCRM v184.108.40.206)|
The following PHP Configuration is required.
|error_reporting||E_WARNING & ~E_NOTICE|
Error Handling via htaccess.
Now unzip the download archive into the destination folder of your web server.
File System Privileges
The following files and folders require read and write access (recursive). These must be set for the user under which the web server process is running (www-data or httpd or apache).
Now open your browser and call the installation directory, e.g.
Important: You must use "https" for an installation!
Follow the installation process in the browser:
Click on Install to start the installation process.
Click on "I Agree" to accept the license terms.
Here are some of your PHP settings checked. If no errors occur, click Next.
Enter the data for your MySQL server and administrator account.
Check and confirm your entries.
Here you can select the basic configuration of the modules of your CRM depending on your requirements. However, you can also switch individual modules on and off later in the CRM's Module Manager.
Finally, please select the default currency, language, time zone and format of your newly created administrator account.
This completes the installation. Enjoy working with berliCRM!
2. berliCRM Update InstructionsUntil further notice, the update of released berliCRM version is simplified by the following procedure:
- get a diff and update all berliCRM files which had been modified or added, this will apply all file changes
- run the db_update.php in root, this will apply all data base changes
- delete the db_update.php from root